Thursday, July 24, 2014

I'm in trouble...

Alexa took her diaper off yesterday.

Yup.

Diaper. Off.

She absolutely refused to let me put a new diaper on her and just ran around buck naked for like 25 minutes. I was pretty much freaking out the entire time.

I finally thought to bring her potty seat into the living room. I told her that if she needed to go peepee she should sit on the potty and not pee on my floor. She immediately ran over to the potty and said "Peepee, peepee!" and sat down.

Nothing happened.

She got up and returned to playing, just to yell "Peepee!" again after about 10 seconds and then she ran back to the potty.

She did this on repeat the entire 25 minutes of nakedness.

I couldn't take the pressure.

Once she started climbing up on the couch all naked and peepee lurking in the not so far distance, I wrestled a diaper on her.

I think we might be entering the potty training phase at a very slow crawl. I'm not ready for this. I was hoping for an extra six months or so of diapers. (Who says this?!?!) At the very least until after our trip to the US.

Can you imagine being on a full plane with a newly potty trained toddler??? I'm going to have nightmares.


No comments:

Post a Comment