Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Low Histamine, Gluten Free Lunch

The first few days of this low histamine diet were pretty scary. I was cranky because I thought I was hungry, but really, as long as I think up stuff ahead of time it's really not that bad. The second day of the diet I was starving at lunch time. Gluten free bread is not very good, so my breakfast had kind of sucked. I was ready for food with FLAVOR!

I sauteed half an onion, a carrot, a celery stick and some minced garlic in one heaping teaspoon of coconut oil. I really let the onion get good and clear before I moved on. Then I turned the heat up and I added one egg, quickly scrambling it with the spatula. After the egg was completely cooked I added two large handfuls of rice noodles and about 1/2 a cup of water. I put the top on the pan and waited 3-4 minutes. I garnished the top with some finely chopped scallions and voila, delicious lunch with FLAVOR!!



Do you know of any low histamine lunches?

No comments:

Post a Comment