Thursday, May 1, 2014

These Migraines are Killing Me

I think my body might finally be starting to return to normal. My periods (sorry) are kind of on track again, the nursing sessions are winding down and of course my migraines are back. I haven't had a real killer migraine in almost two years, since the pregnancy stick turned positive. Throughout my pregnancy I had two, maybe three migraines and a nap in a dark room with a pillow over my eyes cured them.

I've had a migraine for three days now. Three days waking up feeling fine then lifting my head off the pillow to the immediate throbbing of my head. I've tried all the non-medicine tricks I know: cold cloths, temple massage, dark room, pillow over the eyes, napping, coffee, caffeine, chocolate...nothing is working.

So, I turned to medicine. I'm still nursing at least once a day, sometimes twice, so I'm very limited in what I can take. Ibuprofen is a joke. I took 1600mg of Ibuprofen over the course of 4-6 hours on Tuesday and it was like eating TicTacs. It didn't touch the headache at all. I'm at all loss of what to try next. It looks like I'll be going back to the Neurologist soon...I was hoping to avoid him for the rest of my life.

Do you suffer from migraines? What non-prescription/non-medicine treatments have worked for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment