Saturday, May 3, 2014

Return to Mojo Mountain

Towards the end of last year I was full of motivation in regards to exercising, eating well and making my way towards a healthier version of myself. Then I went on vacation for six weeks, it snowed and my mojo got stuck in frozen winterland. Well, I have been slowly, painstakingly slowly trying to start the search for my mojo. Once the weather turned nice, I went out for a run, but I wasn't really into it, so I haven't been out for a run since. Then Mommy and Me Fitness class ended and I haven't looked into starting up another one. I just have been a couch slug. My laziness is contagious and it is bad, bad news.

Well, 2-3 weeks ago my husband found a parcours obstacle course by one of the running trails near us. He got all amped up about it (I was not amped. Thinking about doing the obstacle course made me tired.) and told a friend of mine about it. Since she's a super fitness freak she immediately got all amped up about it too. Do you see where this is going? Well, she has the ability to convince (con) people into doing all kinds of things that she wants them to do. We've now done the obstacle course these last two Sundays in a row. The first week I called a trial week. I wanted to see what it was all about. I didn't even know if I could do the obstacles! I successfully managed to finish all 20 stations both weeks now. After the first Sunday, I was sore for the entire week. This last Sunday was great! I actually had a good time doing it and I'm looking forward to doing it again next Sunday.

Since I like to dive right into things, I've even signed up (been conned by said friend into signing up) for the Hypo Eisenmann Linz in July, which is like a Tough Mudder Junior. It's a 6k with an obstacle course. It looks pretty cool. I'm not hardcore or anything, I'm just doing it for fun. I'm hoping that training for the Eisenmann will help me find my motivation and help get me back on track with getting back into shape and being healthier.

I've got to start somewhere...might as well be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment