Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A Little Love

We have been doing lots of arts and crafts projects lately. Something we did this morning, inspired by...you guessed it, Pinterest, was a LOVE painting. The original tutorial uses finger paints, but I used acrylic paints. I bought a large rectangle painting canvas for this project. Depending on how large you want your LOVE painting, is how large of a canvas you should purchase. I also bought a small set of acrylic paints and painters tape. Normally, I do not use acrylic paints with Alexa, but for this project I wanted the paint to stay on the canvas and not dry up and peel off after a few weeks (or days!). We also used our foam paintbrushes from our art kit.

I stripped Alexa down to just a onesie. In hindsight, she should have been in just a diaper. Oh well, now we have an art onesie. Using the painters tape, I wrote the word LOVE on the canvas.


Then, I opened four different blue and green colored acrylic paints and spread them across the canvas in no particular pattern. I gave Alexa a foam brush and let her get to it.


She had more fun using her fingers on the canvas, which was fine, and then painting her leg and the kitchen floor. I helped her out with the foam brush and we covered the entire canvas in paint.


After letting it dry for a little while, I pulled the painters tape off.


TADA!

I can't wait to find the perfect spot to hang it in the apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment