Thursday, April 3, 2014

Lazy Mommy

Since we've been going outside to the playground so much lately, I kind of don't know what to do with myself, or Alexa for that matter, when we are inside. I've gotten used to running around after her out in the grass, or just watching as she plays with other kids. Now, when we are inside for any length of time I feel like she's a little bored, but I also don't know what to do to entertain her or what new/old tricks to pull out of my hat so that she entertains herself. She is very good at playing on her own for short amounts of time, but sometimes she just wants my full attention. I just don't feel like I've got the attention span like I used to. Where did all my crazy, fun play ideas go to? Where did the mommy motivation go? And how do I get it back! It makes me feel guilty that I don't always feel like playing with her, but at the same time, I'm tired and sometimes I just don't feel like playing toys on the floor. Does that make me a horrible mommy, or just a lazy mommy?

No comments:

Post a Comment