Sunday, January 26, 2014

Bangin' Eggy Muffins

Alexa has started becoming a little bit fussier when it comes to eating. She is way too cool to eat any kind of purees anymore and food that is "big" is way better than food I cut up into tiny pieces. She is also very into her fork. If it can be eaten with a fork then it is A+ in her eyes! However, she now is only eating peas and corn in terms of veggies, whereas before I could get that kid to eat every veggie under the sun...including spinach and brussel sprouts! I tried coming up with some ideas as to how I could incorporate proteins, veggies, fruits, etc. the way I did with her purees, but in a finger food friendly version. The first good idea I found was the eggy muffin. I figured anything muffin shaped has got to be good and let me tell you, I was right!

Please experiment with other ingredients and let me know how they turn out.



Ingredients:
7 Eggs, scrambled
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
4 oz. herb cream cheese, softened (I threw it in the microwave for about 15 seconds)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
4 slices deli ham, sliced into small pieces
2 slices deli cheese, sliced into small pieces
1/4 cup (roughly) frozen spinach leaves (if frozen in balls just use 2-3 balls)
1 tomato diced

Directions:
Preheat oven to 200 C (400 F). Place frozen spinach in a  microwave safe dish and microwave for 3 minutes. Scramble eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add milk, water, cream cheese and parmesan cheese and mix well. Add deli ham and cheese and tomato and mix well. Chop up spinach then add to the mixture. Grease muffin pan (unnecessary if using silicon muffin pans). Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, distribute mix into muffin pans. Bake for 15-17 minutes. Makes approximately 15-18 eggy muffins.



No comments:

Post a Comment