Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Separation Anxiety :(

Alexa has a pretty bad case of separation anxiety. It seems I can't get anything done these days unless she is sitting on my lap helping me do them. If I even so much as turn my back on her...not even leave the room, just turn around, she starts getting upset. God forbid I have to pee! I feel so bad for her because she is pretty much a very chill and happy baby all the time. Now, she's like a nervous wreck, always looking up from playing with her toys to make sure that I am close enough to her!

Night time is a hot mess. She goes to bed with a bit of coaxing (a.k.a. being sung to and rocked to sleep while holding my hand or with her hand on my face) and in her own bed. However, she cries in her sleep now, not awake and crying, but sleeping and crying and calms down as soon as I pick her up or I put my hand on her cheek. It's so bizarre! Between 2-4am she ends up in our bed and basically super glues herself to me. If I move away, or she suddenly rolls away from me and isn't touching me she freaks out!

I know that separation anxiety is just a phase and that all kids go through it, but how long is it going to last and is there anything I can do to make it easier on her (or us)?

No comments:

Post a Comment