Monday, September 2, 2013

Mommy Makeover - Week 9

Weigh in.  This week I was so excited about checking my progress that I decided to weigh in on Friday. I just couldn't wait any longer! I was so excited to see that I lost another kilo! 2.2 pounds down and out! Seeing the numbers on the scale drop is such amazing motivation. So motivating that I thought I could eat chocolate cake this weekend.

If you have all learned anything about me in the last 8 weeks it is that I have no self control whatsoever around chocolate. Chocolate is, in fact, my kryptonite. Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting...that is kryptonite with frosting my friends. Yup, I ate three (3) pieces of chocolate cake yesterday. I would be ashamed, but it was so DELICIOUS.

Now we get to the lesson...when you eat three pieces of chocolate cake the scale does not say nice things about you. So, I went from my super motivated, totally pumped up Friday weigh in where I lost a kilo, to my Monday morning weekly weigh in post cake...yup, totally gained a kilo plus - 1.3 kg to be exact. Nothing good happens when I am in the presence of chocolate.(And on to the excuses...)

In all fairness, we were celebrating my sister in law's 20th birthday. You HAVE to have cake for a birthday celebration! Plus, we did a 5.2km walk after the eating of the cake. Apparently I needed to double or triple the distance of the walk...one round for each slice of cake I ate. :/

Stupid cake.

Stupid chocolate.

Here is my new mantra:
I will do better this week. I will do better this week. I will do better this week. No more chocolate!

or maybe this...

Cake is evil. Chocolate is evil. Stupid chocolate cake! (I think I like this one the best!)

In positive news, I have been running just about everyday. I have come up with a new running schedule - Run 3 days, rest 1 day, repeat. So far it is working. And, I am still loving running. I am even toying with the idea of running a 5k! YIKES!

No comments:

Post a Comment