Saturday, July 13, 2013

FroYo

The new fad this summer in Linz is FroYo...that's right, frozen yogurt. The fad that hit the US in what, the 90s? We're a couple of decades behind over in this part of the world. Actually, to make it worse, apparently frozen yogurt was first discovered in the 1970s! Way to join the party Austria. FroYo is exactly what it says, frozen yogurt. It is all natural, no sugar added yogurt that is frozen. I'm pretty sure all of my American family and friends just cringed...no sugar added? Gross. Actually, it tastes pretty amazing with fruit.

Here is my take on frozen yogurt based on a recipe I saw on...guess where! Pinterest. (Pinterest should really pay me for all the free advertising I do for them on my blog! haha) Anyway, here is the original recipe: Honey Peach Frozen Yogurt. For a number of reasons (no peaches, no ice cream machine) I doctored this recipe to what I had in my house.

Honey Nectarine Frozen Yogurt

Ingredients:
4 small nectarines, peeled and cubed (ends up being about 1 1/2 cups of nectarine)
200 grams of plain Greek yogurt ( about a cup)
1 teaspoon honey



I peeled and cubed all of the nectarines, then put them in a container to be pureed using a hand mixer.



After the nectarines are pureed, add the Greek yogurt and the honey and puree again.



Place into a freezer safe container and freeze. Not sure how long it needs to be in the freezer for, but I plan on freezing it over night.



Raspberry Banana Frozen Yogurt

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups of raspberries (I used frozen)
1 banana
200 grams of plain Greek yogurt



Puree the raspberries using a hand mixer, then add the yogurt and slices of banana and puree again. Place in freezer safe container and freeze overnight.



I originally was just going to add the raspberries to the above recipe, but decided to add banana to cut the sourness of the raspberries and ended up leaving out the honey all together.



No comments:

Post a Comment