Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Banana Oatmeal Bars

My friend Christine sent me this awesome recipe! It's super easy to make (like 2 minute prep) and tastes amazing! I hope you enjoy it too.

Ingredients:
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup applesauce - (I used one medium pink lady apple and used a cheese grater to make it into applesauce, it came out to exactly 1/3 of a cup.)
2 cups of oats
1/4 cup of almond milk
1/2 cup of raisins
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon

Mix all of the ingredients together in the order they are listed and then bake in a circular pan (pie pan) at 350 F (180 C) for 20 minutes.



I looked up all of the ingredients on a calorie counting website and for the entire pan it came up to about 800 calories. I used a circular pan and cut the "bars" into pie pieces. Based on the calorie counter, it's about 100 calories per pie piece.



**Note - this is not an exact calorie count. I was just curious to know how "healthy" this snack really was. For me, it's an A+! It's sweet, but healthier than a chocolate bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment