Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Mommy Makeover - Week 1

I am really struggling to lose the baby weight. It is so depressing. When I'm depressed, I eat. I don't eat just any junk food that is lying around...I eat chocolate. Delicious, rich, 9 zillion calorie chocolate. And I LOVE IT! UGHHHHH! This is the worst never ending circle of don't lose weight, eat, continue to not lose weight/start to gain weight, be sad, eat more chocolate. I am so sick of it.

Prior to my trip to the US, I was walking EVERY day, doing Tae Bo every other day AND doing an abdominal exercise regimen every other day. These days, I sit around, eat non-stop and complain about being fat. Yes, I know...9 months on, 9 months off. The weight is not going anywhere. I have literally been the same weight for almost 2 months now...every few weeks I weigh 2-5 pounds more or less. I am stuck and I am miserable.

My cousin actually said that I have motivated her to start walking and exercising regularly. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? I can't even motivate myself to get off the couch! I'm really glad she's started exercising though! Go Beth, go!! Well, she got me off my butt. After seeing that she was walking and starting at Day 1, I decided I needed a Day 1 too. And so it has begun...(again).

Today I did Tae Bo and then went for a 30-minute walk. I am also planning on keeping a food journal, so that maybe if I see all the junk that I am eating then maybe, just maybe I'll stop eating so much of it!

Here are my goals for Week 1:

30-minute walk every day,
Tae Bo every other day,
Ab work out every other day opposite Tae Bo
Keep a food journal
Lose 1kg (2.2lbs)
Find 3 alternate, healthy snacks


I would also like to try and find some healthy snacks that can replace my chocolate bar(s) (addiction). I have even made it one of my goals for the week.

I have set a big goal for myself as well...I would like to lose 12kg (26.4lbs) and then start doing Power Plates to tone up and lose the rest of the baby weight. Throughout my pregnancy, I gained 29kg (63.8lbs)...yup, that's disgusting. In all fairness to myself, I was on bed rest for nearly three months. It's hard to stay toned or be active when you're only allowed to get up to pee. Since giving birth I have dropped a total of 11kg (24.2lbs). I know it will take quite some time for me to lose all the baby weight, so I have set a realistic goal of 1kg (2.2lbs) per week for the next 12 weeks to get me ready to start Power Plates. Think good, motivating thoughts for me! I really need them.

I'll update once a week on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment